Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mom's Mini Cherry Cheesecakes

While the boys are napping - well, one is napping, the other is impatiently anxiously kindly awaiting the sound of his radio alarm to let him know he is free to get up from his rest - I am making yummy treats! One of the absolutely simplest baking recipes ever, that my mom has been making since I was little. One of my favorites - personal size cheesecakes!


The ingredients are basic, stuff I always have on hand - cream cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, vanilla wafers and cherry pie filling.


I let the cream cheese sit on the counter for just a bit, so it would soften and mix faster, before putting it in the food processor to smoothen.


Add the rest of the ingredients and let it rip again, until you have a smooth, creamy mixture.


Place muffin liners in your muffin pan - I usually opt for the cheap paper ones, but my little helper this morning Really wanted the monkey ones. At just over $2 for 36 of them I had to accept the fact that he could be asking for something much worse than monkey cupcake liners.

Come to find out, these little suckers will supposedly bake your cupcakes on a cookie sheet, no muffin pan needed. Huh... well, aren't you just the smarty pants, Reynolds? Good thing I just received 2 brand new muffin pans for Christmas...


Ok, back to baking... place a Vanilla Wafer cookie in the bottom of each cupcake liner.


Pour in the cream cheese mixture and bake for 15 minutes. I'll chill them overnight so they set up nicely. Can't wait to share these yummies!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Ok, so I left the cheesecakes in the fridge overnight and just topped them with cherries! Can't wait to dig in - just have to wait for Easter to arrive since I have sacrificed pacification of my sweet tooth during Lent! Hope my guys enjoy them!


Mom's recipe was highlighted on the Real California Milk website!
Visit the site for some more favorite recipes! I especially like Fiscalini's Three Cheese - Grown Up - Macaroni!

Mom's Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
Ingredients:
3 - 8 oz packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Vanilla Wafers
Cherry Pie Filling

Place slightly softened cream cheese in food processor and blend until smooth.
Add sugar, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
Place cupcake liners in muffin pan. Place a Vanilla Wafer cookie in the bottom of each liner, flat side down. Fill cups 2/3 full with cream cheese mixture. Bake in preheated 350* oven for 15 minutes. Remove and chill well, overnight is best. Top with 3 cherries and serve.

No comments: